I will not tell a lie, I did not come up with this recipe but it is SO DELICIOUS I had to share!
One day I was perusing the packaged meat section and this cute green bag of potatos caught my eye and the rest is history.
On the back of the bag was a recipe that sounded quite intriguing which included potatoes (DUH), sausage and cheese. You can’t go wrong with that trifecta!
- 12 ounces ground chorizo or Italian sausage
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
How To Make It:
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 and spray a 8 inch casserole with cooking spray
2. In a skillet cook sausage until it is browned and cooked through
3. Put half the potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish, top with half the sausage and 3/4 cup of cheese. Repeat.
4. Combine milk + eggs (beaten) and pour over mixture.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes
6. Uncover, top with diced tomato and 1/2 cup of cheese
7. Bake 10-15 more minutes
**Let it sit once you remove it from the over for 10ish minutes to make it easier to serve**
I hope you love this as much as I do!!!