You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘things i love’ category.
I will not tell a lie, I did not come up with this recipe but it is SO DELICIOUS I had to share!
One day I was perusing the packaged meat section and this cute green bag of potatos caught my eye and the rest is history.
On the back of the bag was a recipe that sounded quite intriguing which included potatoes (DUH), sausage and cheese. You can’t go wrong with that trifecta!
- 12 ounces ground chorizo or Italian sausage
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
How To Make It:
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 and spray a 8 inch casserole with cooking spray
2. In a skillet cook sausage until it is browned and cooked through
3. Put half the potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish, top with half the sausage and 3/4 cup of cheese. Repeat.
4. Combine milk + eggs (beaten) and pour over mixture.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes
6. Uncover, top with diced tomato and 1/2 cup of cheese
7. Bake 10-15 more minutes
**Let it sit once you remove it from the over for 10ish minutes to make it easier to serve**
I hope you love this as much as I do!!!
I don’t know what it is but every two years I get bit by the Olympic bug, HARD.
Summer, winter… doesn’t matter- love ‘em all!
Of course I have a few fav events, but seriously it’s so cool how you get to see sports that you would normally never see on TV.
Another pastime of mine is becoming and insta-expert on the sport de jour.
I mean, half the time the commentators don’t know what their talking about, or the things they say are completely unnecessary.
Example, curling. WTF This is the strangest sport, but it sucks me in EVERY TIME!
Still not exactly sure how it works… seems like shuffle board on ice. Objective: get the tea-kettle-looking thing onto the bulls eye while
“sweeping” the ice, yelling OK OK, HARD HARD HARDDDD
I am still trying to figure out if they are wearing ice skates or some kind of special shoe, seems like magic?
Moguls. Now this shit is crazy, going down a double black diamond while going over snow humps all the while keeping your knee’s bent and core tight. I’m not a snow sport kinda gal, but even if I was, helllllllll no.
Mucho respect for those athletes!!
I’m also enjoying watching the US of A kicking other country ass right now in preeeety much everything.
As of now, we are leading the medal race with 26 medals, Germany is trailing with 24… still a lot of Olympics left but I think we will be good to go.
One thing though, that is driving me nuts are those freaking commercials that say “this is what dreamworks thinks the olymipics would have looked like if they were 1000 years ago”
Seriously dreamworks, step it up a bit, those commericals are so stupid, but you did produce Kung Fu Panda- so I guess I shouldn’t set the bar too high.
Getting off soapbox now and turning on some Olympics.