You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘breakfast dinner’ category.
This is the experimental breakfast casserole that was in the works during the cooking extravaganza on Sunday.
Since I was trying to jam-pack the freezer, I had to do a bit of reorganizing and I noticed a package of hash browns and a package of two ham steaks that needed to be used.
D makes his dislike for ham no secret, but I didn’t want this to go to waste, so I figured if I cooked it in a maple syrup glaze and surrounded it with potatoes and cheese, it will be well received.
- 8 Hash brown patties
- 2 Ham Steaks
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1.5 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes
1. Microwave hash browns for about 1 minute, just enough to break up and put 4 broken up hash browns on bottom of an
8 inch square casserole dish
2. In a skillet brown ham, 2 minutes on each side during the browning process put a squirt (~1tbsp) of maple syrup in the pan
3. Once the ham is browned dice and sprinkle half on top of the hash browns
4. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of shredde cheese on top
5. Layer the rest of the hash browns, ham and cheese
6. In a measuring cup mix 1 cup of milk and 4 eggs and pour over dish
7. Cover and put in refrigerator overnight
8. Bake, covered with foil for 45 minutes at 350
9. Uncover and top with diced tomato and bake for 10 more minutes
10. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.